Curtain Wall systems have been designed to meet current building regulations. It is a semi unitised, zone drained and pressure equalized system and offers a slim 50mm sightline, with a choice of 3 mullion and 4 transom depths. The system is capable of being fabricated into ladders for quick assembly on site and of accepting glazing up to 28mm thick depending on weight. Other profiles can be incorporated giving flexibility of design.
- All aluminium sections are extruded using Aluminium Alloy 6060 or 6063 T6 to BS EN 755 part 9 2008.
- Polyamide thermal barriers are manufactured in accordance with PA66 GF25
- Gaskets are manufactured in accordance with BS3734
The curtain wall sections are available typically in 3 finishes.
- Polyester Powder Coating to BS EN 12206: 2004 Part 1 – painted in house in single or dual colour, and surface finish at 40 microns standard, or enhanced to 60 microns for marine environments, in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001
- Anodised and Anolok finishes are to BS3897: 1991 to a minimum of 25 microns (AA25), supplied in either satin or polished finish in a limited range of coours
- Mill finish
Framing is constructed using mechanical methods at butt joints, assembling using stainless steel self-tapping screws into the integral screw ports extruded into the body of the sections, directly through square cut adjoining component parts. A propriety sealant is used on all metal to metal joints and gasket to gasket joints during assembly in line with good practice.